When you connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to your Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 PC with a micro-USB cable, Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for the controller.
As a well designed controller, Xbox One Controller can provide gamers excellent experience when playing a game. Xbox 360 Controller Pc Driver Windows 8 Download. The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can be easily installed on any PC that has an available USB port and is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7. Nov 26, 2021 Xbox One Controller Driver 8.1. Last year, in August, a Microsoft spokesman confirmed that the Xbox One controller will be compatible for PC users sometime in 2014. Microsoft has now fulfilled that promise by releasing PC drivers for the Xbox One controller. Windows gamers can now use the controller to play games on their computer. Windows will begin installing drivers the moment the controller is properly powered on and paired up. 8 in device manager, right-click on the device and click update driver software 9 click search automatically for updated driver software. My wired 360 controller auto-installed once i plugged it in the first time.
Note: Your Xbox One controller needs to be connected to your PC through the micro USB cable for PC gaming.
The greatest gamepad – now even better
The Xbox One Wireless Controller features over 40 improvements to the award-winning Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.
Feel the action like never before with Impulse Triggers. New vibration motors in the triggers provide precise fingertip feedback bringing weapons, crashes, and jolts to life for a whole new level of gaming realism.
New expansion port with high speed data transfer enables clearer chat audio when using a compatible headset.**
Newly designed D-pad is responsive to both sweeping and directional movements.
Thumbstick improvements enable better grip and accuracy.
Trigger and bumpers are designed for quicker access.
Xbox One Controller For Mac Download
Grips and contours have been designed to fit a wider range of hand sizes comfortably.
Batteries fit inside the controller body, allowing your hands more room to naturally grip the controller.
- Contents: Wireless Controller and AA Batteries (2).
- Up to 30ft wireless range.
- Connect up to 8 Wireless Controllers at once to your console.
- Menu and View buttons for easy navigation.
- Seamless profile and controller pairing. Infrared LEDs in the controller can be sensed by the Kinect sensor.
- Expansion port for add-on devices like the Chat Headset.
- Compatible with Xbox One Play and Charge Kit and Xbox One Chat Headset.
- September 21, 2015
- Windows (all)
- 67,450 downloads
- 111 MB
- September 18, 2015
- Windows (all)
- 5,132 downloads
- 111 MB
- June 5, 2014
- Windows 7 / 8 64-bit
- 765,712 downloads
- 2.8 MB
- January 9, 2011
- Windows 7 64-bit
- 520,591 downloads
- 7.5 MB
- January 9, 2009
- Windows 7
- 21,917 downloads
- 17.9 MB
- December 7, 2012
- Windows XP 64-bit
- 6,208 downloads
- 18.3 MB
- October 24, 2012
- Windows (all)
- 6,136 downloads
- 108.0 MB
- January 9, 2011
- Windows XP
- 67,079 downloads
- 7.1 MB
- January 9, 2011
- Windows 7
- 70,433 downloads
- 7.6 MB
Let's see where to begin with...
Recently, Microsoft released a wireless adapter for PC, that allows usage of the Xbox One Controller wirelessly on the PC. Just like it happened to Xbox360. I already had a Xbox360 controller with the wireless adapter, and it works flawlessly on my Windows 7 and on my Windows 8.1 PC's. I wanted to upgrade to the new Xbox One Controller with the wireless adapter. That is where my problems began...
I went to a Microsoft Store and bought a Xbox One controller with a wireless adapter. And, the box had no drivers on it. Reading the manual and the following page:
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller For Windows 8.1 Driver Download
Xbox One Controller Windows 10 Driver Download
I learn that the adapter and the controller just need to be plugged in and the driver should be downloaded from windows update. However, it did not happen, and it is only show as 'another device -> controller' and 'another device -> xbox acc'. I tried to force update, it did not work, I tried to remove and reinstall, it did not work. It seems almost like there are no drivers for it, neither for Windows 7, nor for Windows 8.1.
Xbox One Controller For Pc
All I wanted to know is if there really are drivers for it, and why is it not being able to download automatically. Is there any way to download it manually? Is there a problem with my windows versions? Is it incompatible with 7 or 8.1? Could this be a problem with my windows language (PT-br instead of EN-us)? All I wanted to do was play my games with the xbox one controller! Am I asking too much?
I had for contacts with microsoft support, and it happened as follow:
Xbox One Controller Pc Driver Windows 8 Download
- I tried contacting xbox one support, they sent me to windows support.
- I tried contacting windows support, they sent me to xbox support.
- I tried contacting xbox support, they sent me to windows support.
- I tried contacting windows support, it felt like the support could not understand my problem.
Now I am posting in the community forums for some help.
If you are an avid gamer and love gaming on the Xbox, you know the importance of controllers. And, in the world of controllers, Xbox One Controller is known for its immersive gaming experience. It is also one of the best PC controllers since Microsoft has made its bumpers feel much better and added Bluetooth connectivity ever since the launch of Xbox One.
All sounds hunky-dory, yet, there are times when you might need to update and download the Xbox One controller driver, especially when your Windows 10 refuses to do it by itself. In this blog, we are going to discuss some of the easiest ways you can download and install the Xbox One Controller on Windows 10.
Ways To Download and Update Xbox One Controller on Windows PC
Many Windows 8 and Windows 7 users have reported that they could not enjoy Xbox One Controller on their Windows PC since they were unable to fetch the driver updates for the same. Apart from using the below-mentioned methods to download and update Xbox One driver on your Windows, you should also pay heed to whether you have a 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7 or 8.
Use Device Manager to Update Xbox One Controller Windows 10 Driver
Download Xbox Controller Driver Windows 8 1 Pro 64 Bit
Updating a driver for a peripheral via Windows’ Device Manager is always recommended. So, in case you are using Windows 10, here is how you can update your Xbox One Controller driver –
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box
2. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter
3. Expand the Xbox Peripherals dropdown
4. Right-click on Microsoft Xbox One Controller
5. Click on Update Driver Software
6. Your computer will now search for the most appropriate version of the Xbox One Controller driver for your Windows 10 system and install it
Update Xbox One Driver Via Windows 10 Update
This is the step that Microsoft itself recommends – You can update and download the Xbox One Controller driver by running a Windows update. Post the update, the latest drivers will be automatically picked up. Here are the steps to do the same –
1. Press Windows + I and open the Settings
2. Click on Update & Security
3. Head to Windows Update
4. Click on Check for Updatesand if there are any click on Install Now
After the update is finished, your computer will check if there is an update available for your Xbox One Controller and if it is available, it will download it.
Use A Driver Updater Software
Manual steps of updating drivers can at times be cumbersome. So, one of the wisest choices you can make to download and update the Xbox one controller driver is to use a third-party driver updater software.
Smart Driver Care, for instance, is one of the best driver updater tools. It scans your computer for outdated, incompatible, and missing drivers, and updates them.
How To Use Smart Driver Care To Update Xbox One Controller Driver
1. Download, install and run Smart Driver Care
2. Click on Scan now under Scan Drivers and wait for the process to complete.
3. From the list of drivers locate Xbox One Controller Driver for Windows 10
4. Click on the Update Driver button next to it and wait for the update to download.
Other Features To Look Out For –
- Schedule driver scans at your desired date, day, and time
- Backup drives before updating them
- Restore blacked up drivers in case something goes wrong
- Exclude selected drivers from scan
Update Xbox One Controller Using Xbox Accessories App
One of the easiest ways to update your Xbox One Controller with the latest software is to update it via the Xbox Accessories app. You can get it from here. Here are few things to keep in mind before you update your Xbox One Controller on Windows PC and follow the steps mentioned below –
- The app is available for Windows 10 only
- If your controller doesn’t have an inbuilt 3.5 mm audio port, you need to update it using a USB connection and your controller must have the Windows 10 TH2 Update
- You won’t be able to update the controller over Bluetooth
Now let’s get down to the steps on how you can update your Xbox controller –
1. Download and install the Xbox accessories app from the link mentioned above
2. Connect Xbox Wireless Controller with the help of USB cable or Xbox Wireless adaptor for Windows (If you haven’t updated to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, you’ll be prompted to do so)
3. Once connected, you’ll get the message Update Required
Xbox One Controller Driver For Windows 10
Do let us know in the comments section if you were able to download and update the Xbox One Controller driver on your Windows 10 PC using the methods mentioned above. And, if there is something that we missed, do give us a shoutout. For more such content keep reading Tweak Library.
Download Xbox Controller Driver Windows 8 Free Download
Download Xbox Controller Driver Windows 8 1 Hp Pavilion Dv6
- Xbox Cloud Gaming Is Now Available And Here’s How You Can Get It >
- Here Are The Ways to Factory Reset An Xbox One >
- How To Control Your Xbox One With Google Assistant in Google Home App >
- How To Fix Xbox One Controller, Not Working >
- Xbox One S vs Xbox One X: Which One is the Best Xbox Gaming Station? >
- Everything you need to know about Xbox One: Privacy settings, Online Security and More >